UAB Walk to Defeat ALS
This is a past event.
The AID for ALS team is participating in this year's Statewide Walk to Defeat ALS with the ALS Association Alabama Chapter.
Mission: We are walking to raise money towards ALS care services and research as we get closer and closer towards a cure. We also want to raise awareness of what ALS is and how our community can help.
- The walk will take place in-person and virtually.
- To allow for more participants outside of the physical walk, we will be live-streaming the walk via Facebook Live.
- All participants are required to show their Health Check (and it must be green) the day of the event before walking with us.
- All participants are required to wear proper PPE (masks, face shields, gloves, etc.) and maintain social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Donations will be accepted virtually
- ALS merchandise will be given away/available for purchase at the end of the walk. All purchases/giveaways will be distributed later in the week while following proper preventative guidelines to ensure less contact/more safety.
- Water refill stations will be provided. Participants bring their own refillable water bottles. We want to go green for this event.
Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 12:00pm
9th Ave S Birmingham, Alabama 35233