This is a past event.
The UAB Diversity Meet-Up is a career event for any UAB students and alumni seeking part-time jobs, full-time jobs, and internships. This is an opportunity for you to present yourself professionally in-person to a potential employer. The keys to a successful job fair experience are preparation and follow-up.
- Employer Check-in: 4:00 pm
- Networking with students: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Here is a checklist to help you get prepared:
- Research the list of participating employers through Handshake
- Get your resume reviewed (walk-in hours Monday - Friday from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM)
- Prepare your 30-second elevator pitch.
- Make sure you have professional attire and copies of your resume! If you need to rent professional attire free of charge, utilize the Career Closet in Room 307 HSC during office hours.
- Don't forget to ask for business cards at the job fair so you can follow up with thank-you notes.
Thursday, January 26 at 5:00pm
Hill Student Center, Ballrooms
1400 University Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35233