Government & Non-Profit Career Fair
This is a past event.
The UAB Government & Non-Profit Virtual Fair is a career event for UAB Students and alumni seeking employment opportunities in these vital sectors.
Register via Handshake.
The keys to a successful job fair experience are preparation and follow-up. Here is a checklist to help you get prepared:
- Research the list of participating employers through Handshake.
- Get your resume reviewed at the Career Center (walk-in hours Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 4:00pm).
- Prepare your elevator pitch.
- Make sure you present yourself appropriately, even virtually. If you need to rent professional attire free of charge, be sure to utilize the Career Closet in Room 307 HSC during office hours.
- Follow up over Handshake, via email, or LinkedIn with the employers and organizations that you meet with to help yourself stand out!
Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 11:00am