Join UAB Social Science and Justice Research (SSJR) for a research seminar by Dr. Shareen Hertel, Professor of Political Science and Human Rights at the University of Connecticut, on her research collaboration Engineering for Human Rights Initiative. The Engineering for Human Rights Initiative (EHRI) is a collaborative venture between UConn’s School of Engineering (SoE) and Human Rights Institute (HRI) that addresses human rights implications of the most significant challenges in engineering and technology in six key research areas:
1) Water, Health & Food Security;
2) Product Design, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain Management;
3) Community Planning, Resilience and Justice for a Changing Environment;
4) Engineering Education and Accessibility Rights;
5) Engineering Substances and Process Sustainability; and
6) Cybersecurity, Privacy and Human Vulnerability.
Lunch will be provided to the first 30 in person-registrants.
Thursday, February 9 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Mervyn Sterne Library, 174
917 13th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35294
Free (registration required)
Login to interact with events, personalize your calendar, and get recommendations.
No recent activity