EH&S Laboratory Safety Workshop
This is a past event.
UAB’s Department of Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) has designed a workshop for Laboratory Managers, Supervisors and Science Educators that will offer an in-depth review of:
- laboratory safety practices
- UAB Policies and Procedures
- regulatory compliance
- legal and liability issues
Register online today to receive hands-on training on:
- chemical safety
- hazardous waste
- emergency response
- use and maintenance of equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Conduct a risk assessment to determine the correct PPEequipment, or emergency responses for working with biological materials or hazardous chemicals.
- Handle, pack, and manifest biological or hazardous waste correctly.
- Set-up and maintain a successful Satellite Accumulation Area.
- Develop a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP), and Lab Safety Plan to prepare the lab for safety reviews.
Thursday, March 12 at 9:00am
Community Health Services Bldg 19th, EOC and Basement Training Lab
933 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35233